Monday, August 11, 2014

2014 Tour of Utah: Stage 6 Depart

Well, it was a boisterous atmosphere at the Tour of Utah Stage Six Depart at Rice Eccles Stadium, there were cycling starved fanatics of all stripes, including families with children. I arrived late, planning to ride up to Big Mountain, but when I checked my bike the front wheel had an overnight flat, Murphy's law! But I didn't really miss anything, most of the riders were sequestered in their team buses, and the depart was thirty minutes late. I did wander over to the BMC team bus and saw Cadel Evans. Cadel Evans is the most gracious man I have ever seen. He immediately walked over to the youngest fan in the crowd and signed an autograph; the young man was smiling in genuine happiness; then he posed for photographs holding some of the fanatics young children. I tried to get a photograph, but my camera batteries failed at the most inopportune moment, so nothing exists in long term memory except thoughts of a very charismatic man who is also an outstanding ambassador of our sport. Of course, I did take some photographs, but alas, most were so horrible that it would be pointless to print them.

Tour of Utah Tenth Year Edition.

Photos from top:
Enrique, a chess pal.
Two DRAPAC Professional Cycling Team (Australia) riders.  Adam Phelan (75) and team leader Jai Crawford (71) who were gracious enough to allow me to photograph them.  Thanks, guys!! 
Rob Britton (Team Smartstop)
Chris Horner
A BMC rider
Cadel Evans
The National Anthem. 


Enrique

Adam Phelan (75) and Jai Crawford (71)  DRAPAC Professional Cycling Team

Rob Britton Team Smartstop

Chris Horner Lampre

BMC Rider and DS

Cadel Evans BMC

Pledge of allegiance

Happy kids

Stage 6 Winner: Cadel Evans 4:34:31 Tour of Utah Winner: Tom Danielson

No comments: